We’re Hiring! Lead Builder/Trails Coordinator Position
Love to work outdoors? Keen to work on some of the best trails in the world? We’re looking for a leader for our Trail Crew. The Trail Crew works year-round to keep Squamish trails in good shape.
The Lead Builder/Trails Coordinator will work with the SORCA Executive to implement SORCA’s trail program. The exact scope of the role will depend on the successful candidate.
• Being part of the team to foster a positive attitude about mountain biking in Squamish
• Manage and coordinate other trail crew members including members of our Squamish First Nation summer trail crew.
• Work as part of the trail crew on hiking, mountain biking and motorized trails throughout the Squamish area.
• Communicate trail work that has been completed to membership through various media channels
• Ensure trail maintenance activities are properly documented.
• Coordinate the rest of the trail crew to ensure everyone knows the plan for the week, that the correct tools are available and in working order.
• Organize and promote trail days in collaboration with sponsors, and engage our volunteer community.
• Help to direct maintenance priorities and coordinate with Squamish Trails Society and Squamish Dirt Bike Association leaders, volunteer trail builders and other stakeholders.
• Other tasks that the SORCA executive needs help with.
Possible Responsibilities for the Right Candidate
• Work with the executive to prioritize, obtain approval for and execute maintenance and trail construction projects.
• Assist in trails planning in coordination with Recreation Sites and Trails BC and other stakeholders.
• Work with private landowners / developers to ensure Squamish retains and expands its world class trail system as the town grows.
Key Attributes of a Successful Candidate
• Passion for mountain biking, the outdoors and awesome trails.
• Trail building and carpentry skills.
• Experience in a leadership role.
• Positive attitude, outlook and team member.
• High level of responsibility and the ability to work autonomously.
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Experience working with contractors and other stakeholders.
• First Aid certificate and chainsaw training an asset.
• Project management experience.
Time requirement: 30 – 40 Hours a week, with some flexibility.
Pay: We will offer a competitive wage commensurate with experience.
Deadline to apply is Friday, November 30th, 2018. Please send resumes and cover letters to [email protected]