- Perform President responsibilities when the President cannot be available.
- Work closely with the President to develop and implement Director transition plans.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Board – event support, community liaison, fundraising support, special projects and initiatives.
- Provides support and supervision for the Executive Director.
Our 2020 Board Elections and AGM are on January 22nd, and we’ve got 6 Director positions up for election.
Like last year, we’re asking you to submit your nomination in advance. Your submission will be shared on our website before the AGM, so members have a chance to see what each candidate can bring to the Board before they vote.
Each position is a 2-year term. The descriptions below are general outlines, but specific duties are flexible, based on the skills of the people we get – so don’t hesitate to apply if you don’t fit the description perfectly! In addition to the specifics outlined below, all board members may participate in other activities such as supporting other board members, helping out at events, etc. It’s a team effort!
If you love Squamish trails and want to get involved, apply by Monday, January 6th. Send your nomination by email to [email protected] and provide the following information:
- Your name and the position(s) you’re running for.
- The skills/experience that make you a strong candidate for the position (suggested word count: 200).
- Your capacity to commit to a volunteer role, and why you’re interested in being on the SORCA board (suggested word count: 200)
- Take and manage minutes of board meetings and maintain and manage records and government filings.
- Provide annual budget to the board for members’ approval, developed collaboratively with the Finance Committee, and provides monthly updates to the board.
- Manage all incoming deposits and payments, and issue payments.
- Work closely with bookkeeper to oversee payroll and bookkeeping.
- Organize and promote Cinco races on alternating Wednesdays from April – September.
- Organize weekend Super Cinco events in April and September.
- Support event sponsors to organize after-parties and race courses.
- Provide support to other events as needed.
- Coordinate designated special events such as AGM, annual directors meeting, 28 trails, volunteer party, photo challenge and other event opportunities as they arise, e.g. film premieres.
- Support Cinco and Social Directors with occasional weekly event delivery as needed, and with volunteer management.
- Support community outreach initiatives as appropriate.
- Work closely with insurance broker to ensure SORCA has appropriate coverage at all times and for all events.
- Advise the SORCA board on internal and external risks as they arise and develop and implement management plans as necessary.
- Be the “knowledge centre” with respect to bylaws and existing board policies, advise the board on implementation matters, and recommend additional/amended policies as needed to ensure effective governance.
- Participate in the Advocacy Subcommittee providing advice with respect to policy positions and policy or advocacy initiatives.
- Review all contracts, memoranda of understanding and other agreements to ensure risks are adequately managed.
- Support relationships with local land-owners, land managers and builders while effectively mitigating risk.
- Build engagement with the mountain biking and broader community.
- Develop partnership concepts with local business and tourism – e.g. ride + stay packages, destination development, etc.
- Coordinate outreach to diverse user groups, e.g. trail runners, youth, etc. Work with events team to develop engagement activities for diverse user groups.
3 weeks ago