SORCA SOCIAL RIDE: July 3rd
First, we’d like to say a big thanks to our sponsors this week! One of our original sponsors had to drop out and this fine crew came together last minute to save the day.
Trailforks is the best tool for viewing trails in your area, or in other areas when you travel. When traveling you can give back to the local biking organization with Trail Karma.
Whistler Brewing has been brewing in the Sea to Sky since 1989. A staple in the area they are proudly still 100% BC owned and 100% BC brewed.
BC Bike Race is a seven days mountain biking stage race that visits singletrack through the lush rainforest of British Columbia’s West Coast. They’ll be in Squamish this Friday July 12th. Along with sponsoring a SORCA Social this year they donated towards the creation of the new Craig’s Connector trail and are planning a trail day this fall.
Norman Rudys has one of the nicest patios in Squamish. It’s an amazing place to go for some food and a beer after a day on the bike. You even get a discount there when you show your SORCA key tag!
Annie Let the Dogs Out is the place to bring your furry friend when you’re out of town or when you don’t have the time to get them exercised.
Panago Squamish cooks up some of the best pizza in Squamish and is owned by Squamish mtb legend, Eric Armour.
SORCA members, please bring your $5 to the afterparty. If you have friends in town that aren’t a SORCA member, it’s $20 for a one day membership inclusive of the apres.
Here are the rides, meeting location are below
- Chill @ Valleycliffe Elementary School: FSR, Farside, S&M, Endo
- Intermediate I @ Valleycliffe Elementary School: FSR, Farside, Single Track Mind Climb, Tomorrow, Harry Bomber, 7 Stitches, My Trail, Endo
- Intermediate II @ Garibaldi Highlands Elementary School: Mashiter, Manboobs, Tip, LOA, Rollercoaster
- Chill Thrill @ Garibaldi Highlands Elementary School: Mashiter, Tracks, Tip, Value Added, Penthouse, Larvacide (dry weather) / Icey Hole of Death (wet weather)
- Thrill @ Garibaldi Highlands Elementary School: Mashiter, Tracks, Tip, Value Added, Penthouse, Larvacide (dry weather) / Icey Hole of Death (wet weather)
Meet at 6:00 and we’ll start leaving in waves at 6:15.
Ride within your limits. Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Ride leaders are not here to coach you. Get home safely – no drinking & driving.