Newest Member of Trail Crew
Hey! Nicole here. I’m very excited to be a part of this great biking community here in Squamish. I’m originally from Colorado and have been drawn to BC and its stunning mountains and epic trails. I love the technical riding, rock rolls, and everything in between. Coming from bike park building – pumps, jumps, and berm – I cannot wait to get my hands on some real unique Squamish trails.
We tested out our rain gear and also enjoyed some sun.
One of Nicole’s comments when the rain was coming down in buckets on us at Craig’s/Brackentrail: “I love two pant or three pant days. The days when you have your pants, your rubber rain pants, and also chainsaw chaps, and try to walk through the forest jungle”.
What we have been up to
- Working with Dream Wizards on Craig’s connector (Brackentrail area). Starting to see the finish line. We finished building a bridge and worked on clearing the forested path for Ted Tempany. I think this will really change Debeck rides, as it provides a nice climb back to Jack’s trail.
- Cheshire Cat – worked on fixing small issues (drainage, and armoring).
- Somewhere Over There. Armored some sections, re-routed an easier alternate line to avoid using bridges. Also did some work on Unrelated Dead Guys.
- Treasure Trail removed large blowdown trees.
- Marc my Word. Removed a couple of very large stumps and did some root armoring on the first chute. Subtle changes.
- Explored routes beside Cheekye River to Sunwolf.