Join our team! We’re looking to hire a dynamic individual in the role of Community Engagement Coordinator. If you love the trails and want to contribute to a great community, check out the posting below and get in touch. The deadline to apply is February 16th, 2020.
The Squamish Off-Road Cycling Association (SORCA) is a volunteer-run not-for-profit organization that advocates for mountain biking and trails in Squamish BC. SORCA operates entirely within the Squamish Nation traditional territory. As a part of our mission statement, SORCA maintains and expands Squamish’s trail network, and hosts community events for our membership.
The Community Engagement Coordinator position will support SORCA’s Executive Director and Board with a variety of tasks related to communications, social media, events and fundraising. The Coordinator will work primarily from their personal residence and will require their own computer and internet access. The Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Develop communications materials and content for SORCA’s membership and community (e-newsletter, social media posts, website updates).
- Act as the coordinator and key point person for all of SORCA’s social media.
- Support outreach and logistics coordination for community and mountain biking events as required (e.g. social rides, races, special events, etc.), including regular attendance at Wednesday night Cincos and Socials to coordinate entry and take payments.
- Organize and facilitate ‘membership pop-ups’ on occasional weekends at key trailhead locations.
- Respond to community inquiries.
- Manage merchandise and trail pass distribution to local retail partners.
- Support fundraising, merchandise programs and partnerships as appropriate including stewardship activities and outreach support.
- Support SORCA’s committees by developing documentation and completing applications and paperwork as appropriate.
- Perform other administrative and outreach duties as required.
- Have the opportunity to develop and manage other fundraising and outreach activities.
Key Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to follow direction when necessary.
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and event support skills.
- Flexibility, creativity, and a desire to connect with people!
- Experience in online content development would be an asset.
- Skills in WordPress and website maintenance are an asset.
- Skills in graphic design are an asset.
- Experience volunteering or working with non-profits would be an asset.
- An understanding of the mountain bike community would be an asset.
Time Requirement: 25-40 hours a week, fluctuating seasonally. April through September will require approximately 40 hours a week, October-March will require approximately 25 hours a week. Evening and weekend work will be required. One-year contract starting ASAP.
Pay: $20-$23 an hour depending on experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter as one PDF document to [email protected] The deadline to apply is February 16th, 2020.