Do you love working outside? Getting your hands dirty? Do you love the trails? Join us! We are looking to hire Trail Crew staff for the 2020 Summer season**. You’ll be on the ground maintaining Squamish’s incredible network of trails to keep them in great shape for the community. Not to mention you’ll get to work with an awesome team – from a distance, most likely.
If you’re a seasoned trail builder, great! If you’re newer to trail building, but have what it takes, we’d still encourage you to apply – our seasoned Crew members will train successful candidates in technical trail-building skills. This job is a great opportunity to get an introduction to the mountain biking industry in Squamish.
The successful candidate(s) will perform maintenance activities on the trail network including but not limited to:
- Drainage and dirt work
- Bridge and woodwork replacement
- Erosion control
- Rider experience enhancement
- Fostering a positive attitude about mountain biking in Squamish
The successful candidate may be asked to contribute to other areas of SORCA’s work, e.g. event and membership pop-up support at trailheads (assuming health regulations make it safe to do so), and photos of Trail Crew work for social media.
Key Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- Trail building and or basic carpentry skills would be an asset
- Works well with a team
- Passion for the outdoors and Squamish’s trails
- Positive attitude and outlook
- High level of responsibility, reliability, and the ability to work autonomously when needed
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record an asset. Off-road vehicle an asset for social distancing measures.
- First Aid certificate an asset.
Time Requirement: Positions range from 15 – 30 hours a week, mid- May through August, start dates flexible. There is also a possibility of extension into the fall.
Pay Range: $18 – 22 an hour, commensurate with experience.
**These positions are contingent on receiving the funding we have applied for from the Government of Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible for these, you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please send resumes and cover letters to [email protected] The deadline is May 8th, 2020.