SORCA is looking for a new Executive Director. Our current ED will be slowly transitioning out of the role in early 2022, so there will be a few months of training and overlap as the new ED gets comfortable in the role.
Check out the full posting below for details. Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Monday, October 11th.
The Executive Director will be responsible for day-to-day oversight of the Squamish Off-Road Cycling Association’s (SORCA) business operations. With a primary focus on fundraising and communications, the Executive Director will grow annual revenue through establishment and stewardship of sponsorships, development of grant proposals, and identifying new opportunities within the community. The Executive Director will be expected to increase membership and improve awareness of the club in Squamish. In addition, the Executive Director will have administrative oversight of the trail crew and contractors working for SORCA.
The Executive Director will report to the SORCA Executive Committee and be expected to attend monthly Board meetings. In addition, the Executive Director will represent SORCA at community events where possible.
- The full scope of the successful candidate’s responsibilities will depend on the breakdown between their specific skill set and those of the volunteer board.
- Compensation: Compensation will depend on relevant experience, and will be pro-rated based on hours/week worked, with an approximate range of $60K-$80K annually
- Hours: Full-time between 30 – 40 hours a week with occasional weekend and evening work as needed.
- Location: You will work from home but be available for in-person meetings and project-based requirements in Squamish.
- Work in partnership with the President to provide leadership to the organization and to the mountain bike and trails community in Squamish.
- Develop and implement programs and initiatives that further SORCA’s mission, in partnership with the board of directors.
- Oversee HR and administrative tasks related to management of the Trail Crew and other SORCA staff.
- Assist and supervise the Community Engagement Coordinator, oversee public communications.
- Source, draft, and submit grant applications on behalf of SORCA and meet reporting deadlines.
- Manage the SORCA sponsorship program and steward sponsors from year-to-year. Target of annual sponsorship revenue: typically a 20% growth target annually.
- Manage membership with a typical annual target of 20% growth, with emphasis on promoting trail maintenance program, advocacy work and community building to encourage membership purchases.
- In partnership with Advocacy and Trails Directors, communicate with developers, industry, and local government to advocate for trail stewardship as the town grows and the trail network evolves.
- Work with the Finance Committee to manage SORCA finances.
- Support Cincos, Social Rides, and and special event planning as necessary. Includes AGM, annual Sponsorship meeting and other special events as needed.
The Executive Director is expected to have some, but not all, of the following qualifications:
- Experience fundraising for a non-profit
- Lobbying or public relations experience
- Grant proposal and sponsorship fundraising experience
- Relevant university degree
- Supervisory or management experience
- Solid understanding of the mountain bike industry/culture in Squamish
- Event planning experience
- Thorough knowledge of social media marketing techniques
- Excellent organization and oral and written communication skills
- Self Starter
- Experience working on teams with diverse backgrounds
- Significant program or project management experience
- Or other experience relevant to the responsibilities listed above
24 hours ago