Tour de Squamish – SORCA’s 30th Anniversary Event
Tour de Squamish – A celebration of SORCA’s 30th Anniversary
On September 17th, SORCA is hosting a full day of events to celebrate its 30th Anniversary. Way back in 1992, a small group of trailblazers led by Cliff Miller realized that fat tires had a place in this community and within Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw Xay Temixw, the territory the Squamish Nation has stewarded since time immemorial. These visionaries fought hard to advocate on behalf of the sport to which their legacy is felt 30 years later. Today SORCA hosts weekly events, often eclipsing 200 riders, has a paid trail crew of 6, and works cooperatively with several exceptionally skilled contractors and volunteer trail builders from the community.
SORCA will celebrate the association’s past, current and future with a unique 3-person team relay race (‘Gearjammer’ XC, ‘JABR’ Super-D and ‘Test of Metal’ Enduro). The race will be followed by an after-party whereby in addition to raising a glass to our 30th, we will do our best to harness SORCA’s adventurous past through written and recorded storytelling.
There are three ways to take part in this special celebration. Participate by recruiting two friends to form your dream team and register (opening July 27th). Volunteer by registering for the event here. Contribute by sharing any SORCA or generic Squamish mountain biking images circa the 1990s or the 2000s to email@example.com.
Full Event Details
This multi-discipline race is going to require a bit of strategizing and planning on behalf of participants. For full race details please check out our Tour de Squamish – Race Notice which outlines most of your need-to-know details for participating in what is going to be an event to remember! In the Race Notice, you can find full details on entry, race format, rules, start times and much more!
Like our bi-weekly Cinco races, Spruce Race Timing is handling our registrations and race timing. As this is a 3-person team event the registration is a bit more complex. Only your team captain needs to register but be patient as it will take 5-10 minutes to complete your team entry!
- Online registration is required. Register Here!
- Only the team captain will register and pay. The other two
team members do not need to register. (They do need to
pay their team captain back, though!)
- Registration opens: Thursday, July 28th at 7:00 am
- Registration closes: Sunday, September 11th, 11:59 pm
- Team registration is $180 ($60 per person) + admin. fees.
This includes race entry, Super-D shuttle (for Super-D
riders), dinner and the first couple of drinks on us!
- Those looking for a team or team members – We have created an ISO Teammate form
This is going to be an event to remember! Thank you to all the supporters and volunteers who have helped bring this event to life!
Recent Event News
August 26th – GearJammer XC Leg Course Released
- Remember when everyone wore spandex on the outside and the biggest 1x rig anybody had was 11-40? Well, dust off those quads and get ready to jam some gears. Featuring some classic throwback trails, the GearJammer XC leg will get your heart pumping with almost 800m of climbing and 300m of descending over 19km!https://www.trailforks.com/route/tds-2022-leg-1-gearjammer-xc/
August 26th – ISO Teammates Document
- This is a team relay event! Each stage is to be completed by one member of your team. If you’re looking to construct a team but have a missing link or two we have created a page for people in search of teammates.https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zaWtBwP5xElvkCh8Zg6uvT2evreVTLDRhB69HW3A5mo/edit
September 3rd – ‘JABR’ Super D and Test of Metal Enduro Stages – Full Course Released
- Après only and single leg registration options released. Solo riders are now able to compete in one leg (XC,
Super-D or Enduro) and come to the apres! You will not be eligible for an award, but you will be in for a good time! Register for either of these two new options here!
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago