Introducing the First Annual Photo Challenge featuring Squamish Trails and Trail Users
Celebrating all things trail related, this event challenges amateur and professional photographers to capture the very best of Squamish trails through their camera lenses.
The Trails we Roam…
The people who use them
The folks who build them
The world class jank, flow and fun of globally recognized and local favourites
These are the trails we roam – whether we’re bikers, runners, hikers, trail riders, or out for a walk with the dog and the kids. They’re what make Squamish such an incredible place to live and visit.
Photo Challenge Details
We can’t wait to see what our local photographers bring in for this awesome contest! Submissions will open August 1st, and run until midnight on September 30th.
- Trail Culture – Capture the spirit of trail users and community. These can be photographs of people who are clearly trail users, but aren’t currently on the trails. Perhaps having a cat-nap next to the trail or enjoying a refreshment after being out on the trails.
- Trail Work – Squamish is home to some incredible trail builders, and countless hours of maintenance have gone into keeping the trails word class. Showcase this with images of builders, group trail days, earth moving equipment, someone doing their part throwing logs off the trail, etc.
- Slab Trails – Slabs in the spotlight. Love ‘em or fear ‘em, they’re a classic Squamish trail feature. We’re looking for images that highlight the majesty and mayhem of playing on slab.
- Green Room – West Coast rainforest and stunning vistas are what we’re known for! This category includes photographs of our natural surroundings – a babbling brook, a majestic panorama, or any other scenery shot; it may or may not include trail users.
- Family – Fun for the whole family – a day on the trails! Or maybe just an hour or two before things start to melt down. Capture the glorious moments of kids and families enjoying all the trails have to offer. Permission must be obtained from the parents of any minors shown in the photographs; SORCA may request written proof of this permission.
Submission Deadline: September 30th at midnight
On Saturday, October 26th, we’ll gather diverse Squamish trail users and trail lovers to celebrate what makes Squamish special. Winners of the photo challenge will be announced, along with short films, and an awesome silent auction. All proceeds from the event and the photo contest will go into the SORCA Trail Preservation Fund, to protect our network for the long term.
Time & Date: October 26th @ 7:30pm
Location: Totem Hall, 1380 Stawamus Road, Squamish
Please direct questions and further inquiries to [email protected]